Roko Cancer started with the vision of spreading awareness and detecting Breast Cancer at an early age in order to save lives. We later on extended our services to other prevalent Cancers viz. Cervix, Oral and Prostrate Cancer and also extended our approach to detect and screen anemia in women and malnutrition in children by providing Government approved health supplements to the identified cases.
We at Roko Cancer have adopted the mission to detect and halt cancer from the society by bringing awareness and provide screening services at the doorstep to detect the cases at early stage.
We have state-of-the-art Mobile Detection Units fully equipped with Mammography machines for breast cancer screening and lab for PAP smear test i.e. for cervix cancer screening, which enables us to provide these services at the door step of the community especially in rural areas. As part of our campaign we conduct Cancer Awareness, Screening and Detection camps especially for Breast, Cervix and Oral Cancer.
- Awareness on NCDs , Cancer of Breast, Cervix, Oral and Prostrate, Malnutrition, Anemia, Hypertension and Diabetes;
- Knowledge sharing through educational programmes via audio-visuals, literature, booklets;
- Empowerment of women;
- Capacity building;
- Mammography through the fully equipped Mobile Breast Cancer Detection Unit;
- Tobacco cessation and counselling;
- Referral to hospitals for treatment and care of cancer patients;
- Helping terminally ill patients to survive with comfort and die in peace and dignity;
- Support to the families of victims of this deadly disease